Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default Valuation of a 'ransom strip'?

Doctor Drivel wrote:

snip

I wanted to extend my drive a bit, and asked the landowner to sell me
a bit of field. HE wanted 17 grand for a 30 meter x 3 meter strip. I
let the matter drop. BUT it would have involved lawyers, contracts,
planning permission to go from agricultural to residential etc etc.

I bet his argricultural land was no more than £4,000 per acre.

Depends how long ago it was but at any time close to the present £4000
per acre would be well below average for good agricultural land.

http://www.voa.gov.uk/publications/p...quipped_vacant