Posted to rec.woodworking
mike from American Sycamore mike from American Sycamore is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upperelevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...

On Jul 11, 11:24*am, "Leon" wrote:
"mike from American Sycamore" wrote in ...

I have been *a Delta dealer for years and I have sold over 500
Unisaws.... other than heavy duty freight damage I never once had a
cracked trunnion problem! *What are you talking about?

Mike

The common conception is that the Delta trunions problems were from
mishandling.

Food for thought, all other manufacturers shipped their TS's just like Delta
did, have you heard of any other manufacturer having broken trunion
problems? *I have not.

Regardless of what caused the broken trunions there are numerous reports of
broken trunions on Unisaws here on the rec in the past 10 years. *When I was
shopping for a new TS 10 years ago I compared a Unisaw and Jet cabinet saw
side by side. *The Unisaw showed no apparent damage however the store
manager warned me to not try to raise, lower, or tilt the blade as the saw
had a broken trunion and the parts were apparently on BO. *Because I was
already aware of the trunion problem and was then seeing it first hand, I
decided to go with the Jet.

the reason he sold you a Jet is that a dealer makes more money selling
Jet that Delta.or he was on credit hold with Delta and needed to move
inventory for $$. He done it for greed Not customer service. I also
sold Jet and in no way does it compare to the quality of Delta in the
long haul.