Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the obstruction in this cleanout interior drainpipe?

"ShadowTek" wrote in message
John Grabowski wrote:

*It looks as though someone made their own "Y" fitting by jamming a piece
of
pipe into another. The foam you feel may be a DIYer seal of some sort.

Well I hope that tearing it out isn't going cause a leak, but it's in my
way and I need to find whatever is obstructing that drain. For all I
know, *that* thing is what's clogging the pipes.

I didn't get a chance to get under there today, but I'll likely get at
it tomarow, as I got enough sun today to make me want to stay in the
shade for a while.

*Let us know what you find.