Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler Visit

"Tom Watson" wrote:

You know...just looking at that makes me start to itch.

Why would anyone want to live in a house made from stuff that god
intended for cows and horses to **** in?

A few years ago, PBS covered the total construction of a "straw bale
house".

Can't remember the details, but based on costs at the time, the cost
differential was recovered in something like 5-8 years.

If I were to build today, fabrication of complete panels in a
production shop, assembled on the jobsite with a crane and crew, ala
the This Old House program, would get a very close look.

Lew