Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Rockler Visit

"Doug Miller" wrote

Yep, I gotta agree. I was up at the Woodcraft store yesterday... big ol'
SawStop cabinet saw on display right inside the door. It was all I could
do to
not drool on it... Nice piece of gear, that. Very solid and well-made. And
as
soon as I saw "$3,300" in that post I thought, Why? Why spend that on a
Unisaw
when you can get a SawStop for basically the same price? It's an
outstanding
saw, better IMO than the Unisaw even if it did *not* have the safety
feature.

SawStop is going to eat Delta for lunch in the table saw market.

What is this thing of putting a big peice of drool worthy equipment right
inside the front door? Does that loosen up the wallets or something?

I haven't seen a Sawstop up close and personal. Maybe I should wander down
to Woodcraft and take a look. Refresh my memory somebody. Where are the
Sawstops made?