Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fence post to house?

mo wrote:
"neverwas" wrote in message
m...
snip
It will be 1.8m above ground and 60cm
below ground.

I am having difficulty visualizing a "fence" which is 60cm below
ground. If you mean the "post", why put it below ground if it will
be screwed to the wall? You could leave it a few cm above the
ground so it does not rot so soon?

I meant part of the post will/could be below ground.

I am also putting in two other posts nearby so may just concrete in
and nail this one to the house, or I may just cut it shorter and nail
it in only.

No point in concreting it in, extra work gor no benefit & it will rot. Just
fix it to the wall, these work well with a suitable counterbore
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Fixing-Set/invt/510009

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk