Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Manufacturing will move

Buerste wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Buerste wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
"Buerste" wrote:

John, you just don't get it!

Sure I do. You are passing the buck.

Not everybody IS trainable. "Robert is
62 years old, a felon and an IQ of maybe 70. You would have him not
enjoy work or the satisfaction of doing something useful. I think
there should be employment available for every one of the "Roberts".
Do you propose we euthanize them? THEN you can realize YOUR version
of the American Dream.

You said the reason you got rid of the guy was that the burdens placed on
you by government made it impossible to keep him on the payroll Tom. That
simply isn't true. You just basically decided to abandon your pet and blame
somebody else.

People do this with cats and dogs all the time during economic downturns.
I'm pretty sure that some version of that scenario is how I ended up with
my cat. He was taking quite a toll on birds that were ****ting all over my
cars and mice that were destroying my back yard. He'll never go hungry Tom
and I won't turn him out. I actually gave it a great deal of thought before
"adopting" him.
The cost to me of feeding him won't ever be great enough to cause me to give
him the boot even if it rises to $1,000.00 an ounce.
I'll just work more. You have that same command over your life and, by your
own admission, the free time.

We DO belong to WECO which is a neighborhood organization mandated to
help train people, deal with neighborhood issues, interface
businesses and government and steer plans for development.

Well, based on the result produced, you are doing a crappy job. I wouldn't
want to live closer to Ohio Brush than about Lorraine.
Here is a thought. Get a few of the other local businessmen together and
hire a bunch of "Roberts" to clean up your 'hood.
The money might be forthcoming from Federal, State or local resources. You
can all write checks if it isn't.
Buy up properties, raise them and make it a place you want to keep Ohio
Brush, rather than the one you are salavating to leave.
Last I heard the money to move you is going to be spent elsewhere, cranes
and unloaders at the port as well as a right of way.
On that basis, you might as well get started today. You must have a strong
emotional attachment to your current facility anyway.
Just expand it and use that excuse to clean up the neighborhood. You can
keep the original building you are in as a museum.
Have bronze busts of your forebearers cast and stick them out front like
lawn boys to discourage the local hoodlums.
LOL

I've undertaken a couple of projects like this. You have the political
connections. Use them.

My sister
and I have always been the LAST to get paid when we were in the
process of tripling sales. I have employees that make more than I
do, they're practically irreplaceable. So, "Bite me"!

I'd shake your hand Tom but that's about as far as I'd go.
Your "WECO" is probably able to provide assistance. They don't appear to be
good for much else.

I want the highest paid, happiest and smartest workforce in the
world. But if everybody had your mindset and threw away everybody
that didn't meet your lofty standards, is that a world I want to live
in? Not really.

Not at all. I have adopted a number of pets Tom, human and other, but I'm
careful about it and understand the consequences.

If Trig needs a job when he's older, I'll find something for him.

I hope you don't abandon him when things no longer suit you.
"Robert" has enough company already.

Obviously the party of equality and tolerance won't, they would have
killed him.

What Sarah Palin did wasn't illegal and I wouldn't deny her the freedom to
make such a choice.
It was highly immoral, however, and for that I'm certain that she'll burn in
the hottest fire hell can produce.

--
John R. Carroll