Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walkie Talkies

I have read the specs on some walkies. The ones with AA
batteries put out 500 miliwatts, the ones with AAA cells put
out 300 miliwatts. So, it's very possible the one set of
walkies worked better.

Other thing is antenna height. If she can get on top of a
hill (or stand on the car) the range will be farther.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I got some with a 3 mile range and they didn't work from

my house to the
back of my property (over a hill about 1000 feet). I got

some with a 7
mile
range and they didn't work as well as the 3 mile range.

About the only
time
I actually use them is while working on something when

someone has to
monitor one thing while someone else is 500 feet away

working on the
problem.
I was hoping they would work well enough so my wife or

daughter could call
if they got stuck in the mud where there is no cell phone

service. It's
less than a mile to the bad area and they don't work.
All-in-all I'd say they work a little better than the old

four transistor
walkie-talkies I had when I was a kid.