Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walkie Talkies

I can believe that the squelch code from one walkie would
open mine, while they were both talking. I was figuring on
the other sets taking turns transmitting. Not like they
would know, in reality. So, the Radar and Blake doubletalk
is very possible.

I really like my FRS walkie talkies. Problem is, I seldom
have anyone to talk with.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Evan Platt" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 25 May 2009 21:44:36 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

How do you figure that? If I'm on one squelch code, I won't
hear anything when the other guy talks.

I know this is an old post... But that's how radios work.
Even though
there's two different codes, if someone tries to talk to you
using say
code 7 while someone else is talking on code 8, you'll hear
a mix of
both. Try it sometime.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail
address.