Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default WARNING: THIS SITE MAY BE COMPROMISED

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Which is why the magic phrase apt-get remove pulseaudio..is there..total
crap. Use alsa..

The current Xubuntu/jaunty jackalope install of Alsa is kind of buggy(*)
for Wine use. Some reckon 9.04 Ubuntu's move to support pulseaudio has
screwed things for people uninstalling it or running without PA
installed in the first place (like the 9.04 build of Xubuntu).

* - However for me ALSA does work with Spotify/Wine on Xubuntu/jaunty
jackalope. I mean Spotify works but Wine's ALSA testing diagnostics tell
me it really shouldn't ;-)

On Ancient Kit: Compaq Deskpro EN SFF 810, PII class Celeron @ 500MHz,
512MB, Aureal Vortex II - snd-au8830 driver.

--
Adrian C