Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek ShadowTek is offline

Default Take a look at this questionable floor support.

I'm not sure why, but your post didn't show up in my reader, directly
anyway.

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm not preaching the doom and gloom that this site seems to be but
the general concept that a house is not a single solid unit that will
just fall back into place is what I mean.

http://homerenovations.about.com/od/...a/homejack.htm

I don't mind a little preachin, as I haven't actually jacked a floor up
by myself before, and I'm in no hurry or desire to make mistakes.

Do you think it woulf be of any value to raise that center part of the
floor to level over the course of several days, or even weeks?

As the 2 outer supports would simply be replaced, I could do those
immediately and be done with it.

But what If I took a screw jack to that dropping part of the main beam
and only raised it a little bit, say a millimeter, once a day? Would
that help to minimise any potential damage by allowing the house time to
resettle as I go?