Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Vapour barrier plasterboard

NT wrote:
On Jul 15, 3:20 pm, Rad wrote:
On 15 July, 08:47, Tim S wrote:

OK, stupid time.
Accidently bought 6 sheets of ordinary 9.5mm PB in 3x6' sheets. Need to use
vapour barrier PB for the ceilings on some bay window ceilings which will
be insulated with celotex above. I don't even think the use of vapour
barrier PB is that critical as there's a huge void over half the bay
ceiling as the pitched roof meets the lead flat roof of the bay, but vapour
barrier was suggested.
Any harm in using normal PB together with a vapour barrier or either plastic
or perhaps even bacofoil (turkey sized) stuck on the back of the board.
Seems a pointless waste to dump the board as I can't use it elsewhere.
Cheers
Tim

Tim
There is a BG wall board "paint on" vapour barrier - ? wall board top
coat or the like
any oil based paint will do
chris

I assume a coat of oil based paint is significantly less effective
than foil though, and less effective than plastic film. May be good
enough though.

NT

Both foil and plastic film are 100% impervious