Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Which Exterior Door to Buy?

skidog wrote:
Will be replacing all the exterior doors on a forty year old house. Need
some guidance from you guys as to what name brands to purchase
or not. Lowes offers the Relia Bilt brand.
Home Depot offers the Jeld Wen brand.
Menards offers the Mastercraft brand.
I'm going to install steal doors, some of which have insulated glass
and will be in the $200-$500 price range.

Does anyone have a preference on Schlage "F" series (ansi 2) or
Kwikset "Signature" series (ansi 1) locks?

Thanks for the help....

Steel doors are a bit more burglar resistant - though with windows, I don't
know.

Hint: Remove the door from the frame and paint (or otherwise finish it)
before returning it to the frame and hanging it. Pay particular attention to
anti-rust priming, especially near the bottom.

If you REALLY want a super paint job, take the door to an auto paint shop.