Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Selling Guns

Ignoramus13927 wrote:
Does that, in your eyes, make me a thief?

Boy, there's a lot of scenarios he you approach a widow that you know
she doesn't know anything & try to con her vs. she has put the guns on
the market with an asking price. Or it's not a widow, but an otherwise
knowledgeable guy who doesn't know guns. Or it's a shrewd widow trying
to con *you*.

"A fool & his money are soon parted" also applies to the ignorant. A
seller that doesn't make an effort to determine the market is a fool.

That said, I try to be fair & use the Golden Rule to do it. That works
both ways: I don't mislead because I wouldn't want to be misled, but I
also don't offer more than the asking price because I'd never expect
that to happen if I was a seller.

Fundamentally, the assumption is that it's an arms-length transaction.
Nobody should expect anybody to be doing favors.

YMMV, of course,
Bob