Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default Outdoor tiling

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
robert wrote:
I am planning on tiling our terrace area next year. The only problem
with porcelain floor tiles is that they are slow to cut using a tile
bench saw.

You can get grooved blades which cut a deal faster - but don't give as
clean an edge. Which probably wouldn't notice outside.

I started using a relatively cheap blade from Wickes and quickly moved
to a Marcrist Pro blade from Toolstation which was definitely worth the
30+ukp expenditure. It goes through ordinary 9mm ceramic tiles very
cleanly and very fast but it was still slow with the porcelain floor
tiles.

--
Robert