Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2KG Makita SDS+

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Trouble with most of the cheapies is the weight - and for something
like this you don't need much power. Heavy cheapies can be fine for
working on a floor but get a real pain when it's walls.

There is a massive difference in finesse as well. The Makita lets you
lock off a chisel at any orientation of your choosing, and then you can
control the hammer action very precisely - anything from a gentle
tapping - say just enough for scoring through wallpaper and skim coat as
you outline a socket backbox cutout, to full on breaker mode for rapid
demolition. My 2450 is still one of my favourite tools - puts a smile on
my face each time I use it ;-) (I know, easily pleased!)

My old Dewalt does all that too - including the smile on face. ;-) IIRC,
it was the first DIY affordable lightweight one. Similar model now costs
less than half what I paid. But I'm not complaining.

--
*Is there another word for synonym?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.