Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mat C Mat C is offline

Default Cleaning Water Dispenser on Fridge.

Hi,

I've got a fridge with a water dispenser which hasn't been used for quite a
while, not I've gone on a bit of a health kick, I thought I'd start using it
again.
However, whenever it's used the water is full of particles/floating things!
I guess the pipes need cleaning as they'd been standing for a couple of
years, all plumbed in just not used.
I've tried running loads of water through, this has made it better, but not
to a standard I'd actually drink!

The ice maker has been in use continuously, and that is fine, I filled a
glass with ice and let it evaporate, no nasties were seen!

So, any thoughts on how to get the pipes clean?

Cheers

Mat