Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Water Heater Supply Line clearance?

On Jul 14, 9:24*pm, (tim2100)
wrote:
tim2100 had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Water-Heater-Supply-Line-...
*:

tim2100 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. When using the flexible
hot
water lines made by fluidmaster. The ones with the rubber core &
braided
steel cover. What is the minimum distance they can be from asingle wall
water heater vent line. I would think a minimum of 6" but I cannot
find
anywhere that documents that & you know how it is trying to contact
the
company. Does anyone have & answer & possibly written
proof/Specs?
-------------------------------------
Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Web
and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
alt.home.repair - 363955 messages
and counting!

-------------------------------------

Update: I talked to a local plumber & he stated that the local code says
these types of lines have to be 18" away from single wall vent lines.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

If the vent line is in the center (naturally) that means the heater
inlet/outlets take a right angle for a few inches, then another right
angle if they go vertical as most do. This puts the connecting pipes
18" + 18" + 4" apart, some 40" in simple math. I have never seen any
installation like that. So there must be some other clever geometric
arrangement or the local code is wrong. Enlighten, please.

Joe