Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Power/pressure washers: GPM & PSI - are they accurate, what ismore important

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:44:27 -0400, Some Guy wrote:

wrote:

I'm asking if the GPM and PSI numbers (and engine HP numbers)
can be trusted from one make/model to the next.

Not very. They both likely will have inflated their numbers.
This kind of misrepresentation is most common on consumer grade
tools than professional or industrial.

Can you cite any authoritative source that has done any sort of analysis
of several models of home, farm or light-commercial grade power washers
and has come to that conclusion or made that observation?

I have seen some test results, but nothing conclusive. I
would expect that the numbers are real and under the specific text
conditions, they are valid. The problem is each manufacturer, or even
different models may be measured using different methods.

Do you own or use any power washers?

Yes

If I describe exactly what I want to clean, can YOU tell me the minimum
PSI and GPM I need?

No. I would need to have more detailed information about the
equipment on the market, which I have never seen, and there would be
the difference in what I would consider minimum and what you would
consider minimum.

If time is no issue, then why use a power washer at all. a
standard hose will do the job. It may take weeks, but that 30 psi
will do it in time.

Or do you just like answering a question with another question?

I love answering questions with a question when the initial
question needs clarification.