Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Bisquit Jointer vs Dowel Pro Jig

Brian Henderson wrote:
: Upscale wrote:
: "Brian Henderson" wrote in message
: Domino. Ooh look, it makes loose tenon joints easy! Sure, but does it
: make them strong? Not according to all the tests I've seen.
:
: Perhaps, you'd like to quote those tests depicting some of those weaker
: joints?

: They did one a month or so ago in Popular Woodworking, if I'm not
: mistaken, comparing the strength of different joints. The Domino did
: not perform very well. I'm just not anywhere where I can go back and
: look at the moment.

Found it: Fine Woodworking, January 2009.
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=31926
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki.../011203036.pdf

and letters and discussion he

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=31926

There's another interesting discussion here, which includes a suggestion
that the culprit is the indentations on the dominos:

http://festoolownersgroup.com/index....e;topic=7083.0

-- Andy Barss