Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Manufacturing will move

"Wes" wrote in message
"Buerste" wrote:

In reality, I'm not moving out of the US just yet, but we are moving into
more efficient building in another city. We are planning for electricity
and natural gas to triple within three years and labor costs will
skyrocket
with mandatory COLAs, union demands and healthcare. More automation, less
people. Almost the same effect as if I moved to Indonesia...less and less
employees! I hear the same talk from other business owners. So much for
job creation! The number of jobs I have and will eliminate will be
multiplied by hundreds of thousands.

About 14 months ago we recieved an automated cell that wiped out 5 jobs.
If the numbers
make sense, machines in, people out. As long as the equipment isn't self
repairing, I'll
be fine.

Wes

Yep, as long as there is demand for the products produced. Less employees
equals less money circulating in communities. A dollar gets spent 7 times
locally. That's created wealth from manufacturing, cheese checks don't
count. Even low-end jobs give accomplishment satisfaction to people,
cheese-checks cause despair, apathy and crime.