Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Manufacturing will move

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:37:07 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:28:54 -0700, the infamous "azotic"
scrawled the following:

The refusal of China and India to go along with the carbon-dioxide
limits
should be the death knell for the Cap and Trade bill currently being
considered by the Senate. The legislation is a pretty hard sell. Even
advocates admit restrictions would only have a small effect -- only a
fraction of 1 degree Celsius, a virtually unnoticeable .07 degrees -- on
global temperatures by 2050.

Yabbut it puts billions of ducats in the pols' pockets while raising
the utility bills until half the population can't afford to use them.
What's not to like?

--
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything
evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.

Will the last manufacturer in the US turn off the lights when he
leaves...oh, never mind.

a bit naieve, don't you think? energy prices are rising and will continue
to do so, hence transportation costs. your doomsday scenario will not
happen. what is more likely is a protectionist approach to prevent
imports from those who won't comply, just like child labor laws block
import of some carpets and stuff

There are plenty of other good markets, the US is headed for the bottom of
the heap. A friend of mine set up a satellite plant in Indonesia five years
ago to service his 20% of eastern customers. That plant is now doing three
times what his US plant is doing...at MUCH lower costs. He says he has
plenty of room for me.

In reality, I'm not moving out of the US just yet, but we are moving into a
more efficient building in another city. We are planning for electricity
and natural gas to triple within three years and labor costs will skyrocket
with mandatory COLAs, union demands and healthcare. More automation, less
people. Almost the same effect as if I moved to Indonesia...less and less
employees! I hear the same talk from other business owners. So much for
job creation! The number of jobs I have and will eliminate will be
multiplied by hundreds of thousands.

Protectionism, even in the smallest form will never pass! Too much money
goes into too many politicians' pockets. The US is now so corrupt with
wealth redistribution, blatant political lies, (not so) hidden agendas,
ruined education system, etc., that I doubt it's light will ever shine
brightly again. They've managed to cut open the goose to get all the gold,
and we all know how that turns out.

Just _maybe_, once BamBam and his Liberal accomplices (and the
Conservative accomplices) finish gutting the goose, the Tea Parties
will get real and hit the America RESET button. If that happens
before the final gutting, we might get lucky.

Cross your appendages, boys and girls.