Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default OA Cart

On Jul 14, 12:52*pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:44:02 -0600, "SteveB"

wrote:

snip

By wide, I mean like those three inch wide wheelbarrow tires rather than the
1.5" wide hard concrete two wheel handcart ones. *Maybe two on each side,
but problem is the tubes are always flat. *Around here, we got lots and lots
of ATV shops. *I could probably get two tires and rims off an atv that would
be six or eight inches wide. *Maybe more, and they are not tall at all..

Get a couple of those no-flat wheelbarrow tires, the ones
you can pound nails through. Then make sure that the tires
aren't loaded when it's parked, otherwise you will get flat
spots.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids *MI/Zone 5b

That was the nice thing about my particular cart model, when the thing
is sitting, the tires are clear of the floor. Not by much, but
enough. Large diameter tires are nice when dragging the works over
rough ground, I've had ones with 8" tires, bad news on rough and
potholed concrete. The green slime helps with tubes that want to go
flat, too. Still looking for a set of solid urethane tires, though.
It's not like I'm going to drag the thing along at 40 mph, after all.

Stan