Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default powering a 12v 1HP winch

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:10:03 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Where would be the fun in that? g I hire a guy to work on my car.
Other than that, I've hired an electrician in 1974, a crew to erect a
pool in 1992, and a mason to lay some blocks in 1998 or so. The
electrician replaced a fuse for me [and taught me a valuable lesson],

My mother hired an electrician in 1956, and he too replaced a fuse. I
was 9. I learned a big lesson that day too, but I still seem to
(still) regret that she spend the money. All the guy did was unplug
everything, replace the fuse, then plug everything back in until the
fuse blew. Either my mother or I should have thought of that. (I
don't think I knew about the problem in advance)

the other two made life easier, but I wasn't as happy with their work
as I am with my own.

I work alone and slow. The plans evolve as I go. I enjoy it. I
learn and keep [more or less] in shape. It is cheaper than hiring a
therapist and a personal trainer.

You really need both. The therapist needs personal training and the
trainer needs the therapy. They can meet at your house.

And sometimes I even get something
accomplished.

Jim