Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default OT - Selling Guns

SteveB wrote:
"RogerN" wrote in message
My dad's health is failing him and he has a lot of difficulty walking with
a walker, he needs surgery but the doctors don't think he'd survive
because of his problems with blood clots... It's likely he will be unable
to walk in the not so distant future.

Anyway, due to his loss of income and disability, he's wanting me to try
to help sell some of his guns for him and naturally he'd like to get the
best price he can for them. Dad was a hunter an liked hunting trips but
never did much sport shooting. Most of his guns got sighted in and then
only fired at the hunt to verify scope after transportation and then shot
at game.

He has 4 of the America Remembers series Winchester lever action engraved
24K gold that have never been fired and not been handled much other than
to look at them a couple of times. He bought these around 1994-1996 to
the best of his memory, he has the certificates of authenticity. Some of
the guns are a limited edition series of 300 others are a limited edition
series of 500. He said he paid a couple thousand a piece for these back
in the day.

I'm not 100% sure but I think these are the rifles he has, will verify
later.

http://www.americaremembers.com/Prod...I/ROYGHTRI.asp

http://www.americaremembers.com/Prod...M/HCTRITEM.asp

http://www.americaremembers.com/Prod...JTRI/GJTRI.asp

http://www.americaremembers.com/Prod...TRI/GASTRI.asp

One Browning A-Bolt synthetic stock stainless steel 338 Winchester Magnum
with scope. Only shot enough to sight it in and go on an Alaskan bear
hunt. Asking $900 or make offer.

One H&R Mouser action 30-06, he used this on a moose hunt in Nova Scotia.
Asking $600 or make offer.

One CVA muzzle loader, stainless or nickel? with scope, taken deer hunting
locally and only shot maybe a dozen times. Asking $300

One Benelli slug gun used for Illinois deer hunting, I think it's a pump
12Ga., Synthetic all black, asking $600.

If anyone here is interested I'll give get more detail, just got this put
on me tonight and I have to get ready for bed to get up and go to work in
the morning. Right now I don't have the models of them and such. As I
get time I'll get pictures, model numbers, and scope details, etc..

What is the best way to sell these guns and get a fair/good price for
them?

RogerN

Go to a gun broker. You are taking a chance even posting it here. DO NOT
DEAL DIRECTLY WITH THE PUBLIC UNLESS IT IS A GOOD FRIEND, AND DO NOT HAVE
ANYONE COME TO YOUR HOUSE. I'd try your closest friends to get a good
price, then the gun broker.

Steve

I buy and sell guns to strangers, locally and over the internet, on a
regular basis. Not that big of a deal, with a little common sense.
Anything shipped out of state has to go through an FFL anyway.
These are hunting arms, not black rifles or AKs, or even handguns.