Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Septic tank soakaway - who 'constructs' them?

To be honest, compared with what I had, which smelt and needed regular
emptyi8ng, so far once the capital outlay is taken on, the damned
biodisc has been brilliant. NO SMELL!

Even straight into a puddle at the bottom of an old ditch.

Everyone round here puts them in when they get problems with their
original tanks. They just work mainly.

Sounds good. Now if I could just win a few hundred grand on the
lottery ............. I'd move house! :-)

A fully installed treatment, not necessarily BioDisc as there are others,
system including the soakaways should cost less than 10K. Sorting out the
old one if you need a new soakaway and associated works digging may well
cost 6K.

Peter Crosland