Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Default DVD widescreen problem

In article
,
alexander.keys1 wrote:
I'd give them a clean too. Pin 8 carries the switching to widescreen
using approx 4-7v for 16:9 and 9-12v for 4:3. So if the volts were low
due to a high resistance connection it could drop back to 16:9.

--

I thought it might be something like that, I did in fact get a new Scart
lead with a round cable, as the one I had was a flat ribbon cable, which

All the ribbon ones I've seen are fully populated. The switching current
would be tiny. Of course it may not switch via the SCART but by data on
line whatever in the picture.

--
*Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.