Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
alexander.keys1[_2_] alexander.keys1[_2_] is offline

Default DVD widescreen problem

On 14 July, 00:18, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
* *Paul Martin wrote:

Check the SCART plugs are securely in at both the TV end and the DVD
end. Wiggle them a bit, then push them in securely.

I'd give them a clean too. Pin 8 carries the switching to widescreen using
approx 4-7v for 16:9 and 9-12v for 4:3. So if the volts were low due to a
high resistance connection it could drop back to 16:9.

--

I thought it might be something like that, I did in fact get a new
Scart lead with a round cable, as the one I had was a flat ribbon

I can't get into the menu on the TV, as the remote doesn't work, we've
been told the sensor on the TV is faulty and the (independent repair)
shop can't get a replacement. i assume these remote sensors use a
photodiode, so I might take it apart to have a look, and get one from
Maplin or some other component supplier. Anybody got any advice on
this?

Thankyou for your help.