Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default O T: Spreadsheet help

"Martin" wrote in message

"Jim Garner" wrote in message
All you need is a simple "If" function, ie: logical test, if true do a,
if false do b

Thus paste: =IF(C23670,C23*C27,C23*C28) into C31, and enter in C28 the
price where consumption is more than
670KwH

Should the price for "up to 670Kwh" actually include 670Kwh, you would
need to change the logical test from C23670, to C23=670

Cheers

I think the OP already has many solutions - but yours (above) would price
all units at the 2ndry rate, whereas (IIUC) the 1st 670 are at one rate, and
only any excess at the 2ndry rate.

Also, OP is using Open Office, so commas become semi-colons.

--

The kind folk at British Gas work it out for me.

mark