Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default What is the obstruction in this cleanout interior drainpipe?

In article ,
ShadowTek wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

I'll pass on downloading your 7 MB movie. How about a 50K still pic?

There *are* sample frames from the video shown on that page.

Do you need more quality than that?

Yes. So I watched the movie. I don't see a foam thing, but I see what
looks like a part of the vertical drain pipe sticking oddly down into
the horizontal pipe. Also, when you pan slightly to the left, the whole
construction of the pipes looks odd, but it's difficult to see. At the
least it looks like there is a T where there should be a Y. Can you take
some good clear still pics from several perspectives? If there's really
a foam thing in there, maybe it's a sponge that got away. I'm not a
plumber, but I never heard of a flapper in a drain.