Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default powering a 12v 1HP winch

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:57:03 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I picked up a winch that I'll be using to pull dirt out of my
basement. So now I need to power it.

It is a one horse motor- 2000lb capacity.
http://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-114.../dp/B0015D4ZH0

I'll be using it to pull a [roughly] 300pound load up a wheeled
incline for 20 feet--- then it will rest for 30 minutes or so-- then
repeat. Probably not more than 3 times. . . then do it again
tomorrow.

So I won't be working the thing real hard. What are some thoughts
on how to power it.

Expect to pay $70-$140 for a battery charger and another $30 for a
battery unless you've already got them laying about. Plus ramp and
bucket.

It would probably make more sense to get day labor instead of riging
up the contraption.