Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default OA Cart

wrote in message
On Jul 10, 9:11 am, "SteveB" wrote:
I want to build an OA cart for a big O2 and acetylene bottle. The O2 is
the
big one, and the acet is about half as high, but not the big fat one, but
about the diameter of the O2.

I have seen lots of carts. I want one that has large diameter wheels, and
the cylinders are at a slight tilt when parked. Where it takes minimal
leverage to tip and move. Anywhere I can get some dimensions or ideas
about
this?

Maybe I'll shop around and just see how much it is to buy one, as it may
be
cheaper and easier.

Steve

The HF one has large diameter tires, I had to change out one of the
tubes, though, great chink Q.C. there. If you need WIDE tires, that's
a different animal. Maybe find some motorcycle rims and gen up an
axle for it. Pretty soon, though, the works gets too wide to fit
through anything but an overhead door. I want one I can stick one of
my CO2 extinguishers on as well as tanks, regulators and hose. The
local welding supply had quite a selection, so you might luck out and
find exactly what you want.

Stan

Reply:

By wide, I mean like those three inch wide wheelbarrow tires rather than the
1.5" wide hard concrete two wheel handcart ones. Maybe two on each side,
but problem is the tubes are always flat. Around here, we got lots and lots
of ATV shops. I could probably get two tires and rims off an atv that would
be six or eight inches wide. Maybe more, and they are not tall at all.

Steve