Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Low flow toilet - Is this really a good idea?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Ask the agency where in the Constitution it gives them the
authority to spend my taxes on fixing other peoples houses.

States can do anything they want unless prohibited by the Constitution.
Until 1947 states could have a state-sponsored church. In most states (not
the 2nd Circuit), a state can quarter soldiers in your home. A state is not
required to obtain an indictment by a grand jury (though the federal
government is). You are not entitled to a jury trial in a civil case nor or
you protected, at the state level, against excessive bail or bonds.

In the instant case, it may well be that the feds said: "We'll give you a
billion bucks to fix up substandard housing but you've got to push low-flow
toilets. Your choice."