Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default OT- NJ Police state

On Jul 12, 11:38*pm, "David R.Birch" wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
I'm not surprised, anti-gun people seldom have real information
backing their irrational fears.

I really don't see how my lack of knowledge about a single incident 23
years ago makes my fears irrational. Now that I do know what to what
you are referring, I would suggest that you ask someone who has deeper
knowledge of the case why there was no prosecution. That is a question
that I surely wouldn't be able to answer.

I'm sure, if you want to have a ridiculous ****ing contest, I could
come up with plenty of questions that you couldn't answer, too. For
instance: How come, in my 7th grade french class, my friend who copied
my homework every day, always got higher grades on his french homework
than I did? Same teacher, same homework, same answers, different
grades. Please contact the teacher and conduct a full inquiry into
this inequity.

I had a similar experience at college, I loaned a students my notes
for a lecture we were both enrolled in. I went regularly, she seldom.
She got a better grade on the exams. It took me a while to figure it out.

She was smarter than I was.

Does this suggest anything about your own experience?

No. Same homework, same answers, different grades on the homework. I
never mentioned exams, on which I consistently dod better than he.

But that's missing the point entirely. I was commenting on the folly
of your expectation that I would have answers regarding an alleged
crime which took place twenty-something years ago.

In 1986 Kennedy bodyguard Chuck Stein was arrested in the U.S. Capitol
building for carrying an unregistered handgun, two machine guns, and
146 rounds of ammunition.

I have been unable to find any reference to any charges being filed
after the arrest. As far as I can tell, Stein continued in Kennedy's
employ.

I don't know these friends of yours, but if they are honest citizens
who have committed no crime, they should be able to keep and bear arms
as they wish to with no interference from govt.
They are not my friends. They are two people wo, in
rec.crafts.metalworking talk about their open carry and concealed
carry exploits. One was hoping to have a Mexican "make his day" and
the other used his gun to ward off a bunch of kids who, in his mind,
were going to carjack him. Though, by his description, they were
sitting in their car 25-35 feed away, and their only "crime" was
having dark skin.
Now I know who you're talking about. I read the post of the guy at the
gas station, and, if it happened as he said, I would have done the same.

And I'll re-ask the same question that I asked in that thread:
Suppose that Snag's gas station incident had gone down a little
differently. Suppose that the guys in the other car were afraid of
Snag, as he thinks they ought to have been. Suppose that, in a purely
defensive move, they had shown him that they were carrying guns.
Should Snag have then opened fire? What's the protocol here?

I answered your question in another thread.

You did. And we continue to disagree, and that's OK, I guess.

B) I think you're probably confused about "human rights." This is a
guy who has spent his entire life fighting for the rights of others.
And yet he isn't capable of reading and understanding the US constitution.

Oh give it a rest. Not everyone interprets the second amendment the
same way you do. Are you part of a "well regulated militia?" And there
is most certainly room for interpretation here. If not, then I suppose
that the second amendment also gives you a right to a hydrogen bomb in
your basement. If not, why not?

Yes, it does, although so far I've had no need for one and would never
be able to afford the tech needed to maintain or use one.

I'm about done with this discussion. I'm never going to change your
mind, nor you mine. For the record, though, I will state that I am a
former NRA member. I stopped renewing my membership not due to
ideological differences, but simply because I lost interest. I think
target shooting is great. I think hunting (while not for me) is OK, if
done safely and according to the rules, with the intent of eating what
you kill and with a respect for nature. I think that CCW is a valid
tool for a very few people in very particular circumstances. I think
that open carry is a throwback to the wild west, and has no place in
21st century urban or suburban civilization.

I hope that you never have to learn how wrong you are, because it will
be an expensive lesson.

And I hope the same for you.

David