Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Tornado

"Andy Champ" wrote in message

so plot = 51K. Not far ofF Drivel's number. He can't _always_ be wrong.
I suspect it varies radically with area: Rebuild costs are probably much
the same across the country, and prices certainly aren't.

There is only 10% difference in build costs over the UK. Average is 2/3 of
a house value is the value of the land. If all towns, cities and villages
were twice as large, giving a population of 120 million, then still only 15%
of the UK would be settled and that is only 5% paved.

So why does land account for 2/3 of the value of the average home, with all
the negative spins offs, if we have all this land available?

Quite simply, the deliberate creation of an artificial land shortage, which
ramps up land prices.