Posted to uk.d-i-y
jamma-plusser jamma-plusser is offline

Default Septic tank soakaway - who 'constructs' them?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:51:15 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

To clarify things (No pun intendced!) the EA are the people who give the
permission whilst BC, not the planners, oversee the construction. The EA
will be able to tell you who the consent, assuming there is one, is in the
name of. Unless you have had it transferred to you then your discharge is
illegal. AIUI you need permission even if you are replacing an existing
soakaway. Certainly I did when mine was done about five years ago. I
suggest you talk to the EA first as BC have no remit at this stage.

I would assume that it was transferred to me when I bought the
property a few years ago. What would be the point in having to
transfer it separately? All that does is confuse everyone.

Me included. :-)