Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugh Jampton Hugh Jampton is offline

Default Water meters

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:38:29 +0100, Scott M wrote:

ding I suspect 'average' use is probably far higher than anyone
inclined not to be wasteful. Certainly many people I know seem to use
far more than us and, while moderate in use, we still use what we want
when we want it.

Friends of mine (a couple) recently moved from their unmetered house to a
brand new metered house. The new house has a fitted kitchen with a *new*
dishwasher and a *new* washing machine.

They refuse to use the dishwasher because they think it will use too much
water and cost them.

They refuse to use the washing machine for the same reason.

They have a caravan, with unmetered water, 15 miles away. They have
installed a twin tub washing machine in the caravan (bought in a sale for
£10). They drive to the caravan 3 times a week to do their washing.

I'm *not* joking :-(
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton