Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Marking Guage Poll

alexy wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:

One thing to watch out for on all the versions with a circular
body...make sure they don't roll off your bench! I wish they'd machined
one or two flats on the rim to prevent this (or made it oval like their
3-in-1 gauge).

Minor correction, at least if you are talking about this one
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,42936&p=50440
which I own, it is not oval. It stays on the bench by virtue of the
rod being mounted off-center in the circular bearing disc.

Yes, that's the one I meant. Goes to show how long I've been working on
renovation projects rather than fine woodworking.

Chris