Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Marking Guage Poll

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:03:03 -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:

GarageWoodworks wrote:
I am conducting a poll (very scientific poll) on marking guages. Pin,
knife or wheel style.
Please vote (ounce). Results to follow.

http://garagewoodworks.com/gw_blog/

If you haven't, try the Veritas or Tite-Mark wheel gauges. They both
lock down tightly, but the Tite-Mark has the advantage of being able to
operate the fine-adjust with one hand. Both of them have A2 wheels,
which means they stay sharp for a long time.

Chris

I like the old Stanley. Can't remember the model number, but it has two
arms with a wheel on one end of each and a pin on the other. If you only
need one, the other retracts into the body out of the way. But you'd
have to find an old tool dealer to get one - or be very lucky at an
estate sale.

I've got 2 and am very careful not to lose them :-).