Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Marking Guage Poll

On Jul 13, 10:03*am, Chris Friesen wrote:
GarageWoodworks wrote:
I am conducting a poll (very scientific poll) on marking guages. Pin,
knife or wheel style.
Please vote (ounce). Results to follow.

http://garagewoodworks.com/gw_blog/

If you haven't, try the Veritas or Tite-Mark wheel gauges. *They both
lock down tightly, but the Tite-Mark has the advantage of being able to
operate the fine-adjust with one hand. *Both of them have A2 wheels,
which means they stay sharp for a long time.

Chris

I was chcking out the Veritas on line last night. The micro-adjust
feature is very appealing. On the shop-fox I own, the fence will move
with too much force. Th knife style gauge own is made of rosewood so
the thumb screw really tightens down good against the wood. If it
locks down tightly like you said, I might give it a try.
Thanks