Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:13:49 -0500, "MikeWhy"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:11:54 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

(WARNING - THIS IS A LONG AND BORING STORY ABOUT **** UPS IN THE
MANUFACTURING WORLD - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Beautiful story and nicely written. The cause and effect was
strikingly simular to issues I had to investigate to find out why
things are the way they are. Unfortunalely, in goverment no one
wanted to take the hit or listen to a long litany towards a solution
(engineers in particular AKA 50%ers), but were more that willing to
steal the accolades of a fix that some else did.

This story could have begun as "For want of a horseshoe nail".

I don't want to be too harsh, but when you asked for a welded nut, you got a
welded nut. You later asked for sheet metal, and they gave you welded sheet
metal. It then turns out you want a weld nut, and no doubt didn't bother to
specify the weld, but you were satisfied with the result. All through that,
the supplier didn't bother to **** in your teacup, but quietly complied at
his own expense. What more would you like? Which is the idiot? And which
acted in good faith?

I don't want to be too harsh either, Bubba, but - is English your
first language?

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/