Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Git[_2_] Old Git[_2_] is offline

Default Gloves, again

On 2009-07-11, PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:04:18 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

PeterC wrote:
Looking at gloves on Screwfix's site: there's no mention of size
and I need XL at least.

yellow gripper gloves and superior riggers gloves

any experience please?

The ultimate cowhide riggers are worth the extra IME:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...timate+cowhide

Of the grippers, the yellow latex lattice over kitted material are
good for plasterboard etc, but not that comfortable I find.

These make quite a good general glove with extra grip:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74540/...uilders-Gloves

They are quite snug on me (large hands as well), but ok for a
reasonable duration.

Thanks John, they look better.

At least they're not too expensive if too small.

If they are too small, send them back. The Distance Selling
Regulations mean you can send anything back, for any (or no) reason
as long as it's within 7 days. (There are other caveats).

You wouldn't need that with SF, they will accept anything back no question.

IME, with low value stuff they don't bother. They just let you keep it ...

My grandaughter worked there at the Yeovil offices, on the phones,a
couple of years back and the policy then was that if the goods were
valued at less than £10, keep them. Just not worth it to recover them,
what with postage etc. Value may have increased by now.