Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Craftsman Commercial - Drilling In Reverse?

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I was watching Ice Road Truckers last night, which is sponsored by
Craftsman, so they kept running this commercial for one of their
cordless tool lines.

They show one clip where the guy is drilling into a piece of wood
attached to a tree - steps to a tree house maybe - with a wood boring
bit. Maybe it was an optical illusion, but I'd swear the drill is
running backwards - counter clockwise. I rewound my DVR a bunch of
times, and ran it it slow motion. It sure looked to me like the bottom
of the bit was coming up and the 3/8" marking was going away from, not
coming towards the viewer.

Has anybody else seen this?

If you watch TV films closely you can see the same thing with cars wheels in
close-ups.
I recall seeing this a lot on the old Bonanza TV series with the wagon
wheels.

It is a function of the filming process.The film image is a mirror image of
the actual event.

--
Colbyt