Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Universal Remote Control (proper one) / cracking coding?

b wrote:
On 10 jul, 09:20, "N_Cook" wrote:
2 vital functions only via missing remote control, not available to buy or
borrow, to copy/learn from or to make a simple 2 function r/c. The other
functions are setup menus that have no need to be on a remote.
7 data lines to 3x4 ,12 switch matrix on the unit and no odd spare lines.
Large proprietory BGA controller does the decoding so totally hidden, no
separate IR decoder available to monitor.
Tried 5 "universal" zappers in quick search but no change from on to
standby.
Any ideas for at least cracking the ident/start code ?
Is it always the case that this ident code repeated after a gap is always
the code for on to standby operation?
Any off-the-wall suggestions for consideration? eg 2 fans/ motorised vanes
at variable analogue voltages interrupting pulsed beam of order 20 to 40
microsec repeat rate

make/model of equipment in question?

I'll offer one that I would like the IR control codes for:

Singing Machines SMG-301 Karaoke box - 3CD elderly device belonging to
our village hall. Seems to be obsolete, but kit itself still works OK.
The remote unfortunately does not exist any more...

It is known to be incompatible with generic IR controllers and a
selection of randomly chosen CD controllers. The original controller has
vanished so no chance of repairing it.

If anyone would be kind enough to specify the control code sequences it
sends for each of the keys I could easily program a PIC to send them.
Thanks. Just the numbers and play buttons would do...

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Regards,
Martin Brown