Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20849 Ignoramus20849 is offline

Default OT Bedroom safe

On 2009-07-13, SteveB wrote:

Do you think that those sorts of people would be capable of removing a
safe that is attached to a wall, with lag screws?

You're a man very familiar with tools. On a bet, how long would it take
YOU? My choice of tools would be two. Crowbar and cordless sawzall with
extra battery and extra demo blade. Does that still count as two. So,
five, but something a guy could carry in a pillowcase.

If the safe was screwed both to the floor and the wall, with lag
screws going into floor joists, I would think that it would take me at
least an hour, assuming that I could use any tool obtainable at Home
Depot.

Smash the drywall, cut four studs. I'd estimate three minutes tops.

A little harder with the floor involved, though. We have oak flooring,
which would complicate matters somewhat.

All in all, it would not stop a determined burglar with many tools and
a lot of time, I agree with you here.