Posted to uk.d-i-y
jamma-plusser jamma-plusser is offline

Default Septic tank soakaway - who 'constructs' them?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:15:35 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

You need permission from the Environment Agency and Building Control to
construct a septic tank soakaway. They will approve the plans and the latter
check contruction. Probably a firm that advertises under Sewage Consultants
would be the best. If you make friends with your local building control they
may be able to make an informal suggestion of who use. Whne you bought the
property the discharge consent should have been transferred to your name.
Was this done?

I would assume so, presumably I would need to check with my local
building control (whoever they are - council planning dept I guess?).

As I already have a soakaway (presumably under my name) would new
permissions need to be granted if a new one was to be constructed in
the same area or if the old one needed to be re-constructed?