Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Low flow toilet - Is this really a good idea?

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
A city affiliated agency is doing some work for me for free based on my
low income. The guy came over and toured my 100 year old house the other
day. snip? Should I defer on the low flow? Are some better than others?
I'm hoping snip
to sell my house in a few years. What's the scoop.

Dan

My water waster was in my master half bath. It had a run that was pretty
tortuous and required use of a plumbers friend on a bi-weekly basis. When
it was time to trade-out the Harvest Gold two years ago I did a search for a
low flow toilet and the vid clip of flushing 26 golf balls sent me packing
for an American Standard, Champion. It makes about half again as much noise
as the one it replaced but, I haven't used the 'helper' in two years.
Since then, though, Kohler has produced one that is quieter. Of course,
I can't vouche for the reliability of theirs. Best of luck! Chuck