Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default NG deterioration

SteveB wrote:
"Half-Nutz" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 8:24 am, jon_banquer wrote:
On Jul 10, 11:36 pm, cavelamb wrote:

What's a "pro"? Is that some "a" hole who can't machine his way out
of a paper bag and who posts on Usenet trying to convince everyone
he's the worlds greatest machinist?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Now you are claiming to be a "Pro" ?
Nice definition for you.

Thanks for making me laugh, once again!

Reply: I grew up in Las Vegas. Got a job on the Strip at 16. I heard the
word "pro" many times. One time, I asked an old timer what it meant. He
said, "A pro is a guy who does a good job no matter how he feels." He
didn't say perfect job. Or outstanding job. Just good job. I remembered
that.

Steve

Well, with that definition I'll have to withdraw my earlier complaint.

I do the best job I can with what I have to work with.
But are the results a good job?