Pops

Default ... transfer a pattern to your wood - UPDATE - Affect on wood?

It looks like the 3 leading methods here a

1. Carbon paper and trace the design. With my shaky hands, not sure I want
to use this method. I shake enough when I saw!
2. Glue the pattern down with 3M77 or other rubber cement.
3. Iron on from printed pattern.

Question: What do options 2 & 3 do to the wood. Does the glue absorb and
stain? Does the iron "burn" the wood to a different color?

Thanks
Pops

"Sprog" wrote in message
Yes, it sure does work, also works with photocopies as well.

"Jeff Gorman" wrote:

"JGS" wrote

: Suggest you try this if you have a laser printer. Print the pattern,

lay
the
: page face down on the wood, use an iron set at cotton and iron the back

of
the
: print. The pattern is transferred to the wood, I think.

JGS rightly expresses some doubt.

It would be interesting to know whether anyone has actually been able to
make a laser printer do this?

Jeff G