Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default laminate floor over cruddy vinyl tile -- subfloor?

Andrew Barss wrote:

That's pretty much what I've decided to do, except no plywood.
The Delta-FL (which is available through Lowes as a special order,
at about .56/sf) goes down, with an optional layer of polystyrene
landscape fabric under it to decrease any clicking, with the
laminate (which has a foam underlayment built in) on top of that.

Huh? Delta-FL is a dimpled plastic that is designed to separate a plywood
underlayment from a damp, cold, basement floor. The dimples are so far apart
that I have serious doubts whether covering it with laminate will work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxOwIfJWLAY